8.24 Update: This class is now sold out. If you'd like to be added to the wait list, please give us a call at 708.246.2082. Thank you!
Join our September 10 cooking class with Vie sous chef Frank Hutman to learn the finer points of artisan bread-making.
Artisan Bread Class
With Vie Sous Chef Frank Hutman
Monday, September 10
3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Vie
$200 per person | includes class and take-home items (see below), dinner and beverages
This class offers you hands-on experience in the Vie kitchen and provides all the essential tools you need to start making beautiful, delicious bread at home. After class, we'll sit down to enjoy the loaves of our labor in a family-style dinner.
Please call 708.246.2082 to register; pre-payment is required to reserve your spot. Very limited space is available, so sign up soon if you'd like to join us!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to create and maintain a healthy starter
- Dough percentages: how to apply and manipulate them into different types and styles of bread
- Bread-making theory and practical application
- Proper way to add inclusions such as seeds, nuts, fruits, vegetables and cheese
HANDS-ON CLASS EXPERIENCE
During class, we'll feed a starter and make several types of dough, which will be turned into four different types of bread:
- Country bread
- Walnut blueberry
- Seasonal focaccia
- Sourdough pizza
WHAT YOU'LL TAKE HOME
- Loaf of country, walnut blueberry and focaccia
- Two brotforms for proofing your bread
- Lame (bread blade) to score your bread
- Syllabus with all the steps and bread formulas
- Starter with feeding flour
- Knowledge and confidence to begin making artisan bread at home to the delight of your family and friends
Photos by Frank Hutman, Vie sous chef and bread-making extraordinaire, featuring some of his recent creations